If you’re on the hunt for a way to live stream on YouTube with your iPhone or iPad, look no further. The solution is right at your fingertips, quite literally. Whether you love teaching yoga, cooking up delicious dishes, traveling to exciting places, or have a knack for speaking with viewers, live streaming has become an avenue where you can make money with your passion.
Maybe you already know that it’s not easy to live stream as a beginner because you have to buy and prepare a lot of things. But here’s the game-changer: you don’t need an elaborate setup or costly equipment to start your journey as a live streamer. Your trusty iPhone or iPad, with its exceptional cameras and processing power, is your ticket to live streaming career. You can share your travels, reactions, tutorials, or any content you can imagine, all from the palm of your hand.
However, the magic doesn’t lie solely within your Apple device; it also depends on choosing the right app. Enter the Live Now app, your passport to effortless, high-quality live streaming on YouTube. Be it indoors or outdoors, at an event or in the comfort of your home, Live Now, in synergy with your iOS device, empowers you to stream your world, your way.
Stay tuned for the upcoming section, where we’ll guide you through the process of harnessing this potential with ease.
Requirements to Live Stream on Youtube with iPhone/iPad
In order to live stream on YouTube using your iPhone or iPad, there are certain prerequisites outlined by YouTube that you must fulfill:
- Channel Verification: You’ll need to have a verified YouTube channel with no prior live streaming restrictions or penalties. The verification process is straightforward and entails verifying your phone number in your YouTube account settings.
- Subscriber Threshold: YouTube mandates that your channel must have a minimum of 50 subscribers to commence live streaming. However, in this initial stage, your live stream will only be visible to a limited audience, and once the stream concludes, it will automatically be set to private. Achieving 1,000 subscribers is a significant milestone, although there might still be a waiting period before you gain full access to mobile live streaming.
- Adherence to Community Guidelines: Channels that have recently violated YouTube’s Community Guidelines or copyright policies may encounter limitations on live streaming. It’s crucial to ensure that your channel complies with these guidelines.
- Mobile Device Compatibility: Your iOS device must meet the technical prerequisites for live streaming, which, in 2023, is iOS 8 or later. Additionally, you should ensure that the YouTube app is up-to-date and that your device maintains a stable internet connection.
- Copyright Compliance: To avoid potential issues with YouTube, refrain from using copyrighted music without the necessary permissions. If you intend to incorporate music into your live streams when interacting with your audience before or after gaming sessions, consider our 5 tips for selecting suitable and royalty-free music for live streaming.
How to Gain 1,000 Subscribers on YouTube as a Beginner
Undoubtedly, securing 1,000 subscribers on YouTube when you’re just starting out can present a formidable challenge. It necessitates an investment of time, dedication, and the consistent creation of engaging content to attain this significant milestone. However, fret not, for we offer a solution that can help you surmount this obstacle and enable you to embark on your live streaming journey with unrestricted access.
With our app, even if your subscriber count is currently at 0, you can fully partake in the advantages of mobile live streaming. This implies that your live streams will be recommended to more people, expanding your reach, and they will remain public after the stream concludes. You won’t need to wait until you’ve amassed 1,000 subscribers to commence streaming what you love – you can dive into it right now.
Download Live Now and Configure Your YouTube Channel
Before embarking on your YouTube live stream with your iPhone/iPad, it’s imperative to confirm the presence of your YouTube channel. In the event that you’ve already established a channel, you’re all set – excellent! If not, you can conveniently download the YouTube app and proceed with the account creation process, followed by channel establishment. Subsequently, be sure to verify your YouTube account and allow for a 24-hour period before initiating your first live stream.
Once this preliminary setup is complete, head to the App Store to download the Live Now app. Then you can proceed to the subsequent steps.
How to Live Stream on Youtube with iPhone/iPad
Before you initiate your live session, it’s imperative to ensure your iPhone or iPad is fully charged or connected to a power source to forestall any untimely interruptions during your stream. When you’re all set, let’s move on to the following steps.
Step 1: Launch the Live Now app and tap on the YouTube icon.
Step 2: Sign in to your YouTube account using the Google credentials that you used when creating your channel.
Step 3: Enter the event title and description, which will serve as the title and description of your stream. The default thumbnail for your stream will be your channel avatar. If you wish to use a custom thumbnail, simply click on “Custom thumbnail” to upload one. Next, select “Public” for privacy. If you’re merely conducting a test, opt for “Unlisted” or “Private.” Afterward, click on “Create.”
Step 4: Select “Stream Camera” to use your camera as the source of your live stream. Here, you can also fine-tune several critical settings, including video format (portrait/landscape), video quality, frames per second (fps), overlays, and chat, among others. Upon completion, tap “Next.”
Step 5: Simply click the Play (red button) to start your live stream. However, before going live, there are several things on the screen you need to know.
(1) Turn Chat ON/OFF
(2) Change Front Camera/Back Camera
(3) Edit your Overlays
(5) Activate Camera Stabilizer
(6) Turn Microphone ON/OFF
These are everything we want to share with you in this article. Now, charge up your device, set the stage, and let your live streaming adventure on YouTube with your iPhone/iPad begin. Your audience awaits, and your content is ready to shine. Happy streaming!